Beloved Baby’s Breath Is Making a Comeback
Baby’s Breath is a popular, yet frequently overlooked, that is frequently found in wedding florals. Often used as a filler flower, it’s starting to finally get the attention it deserves — Baby’s Breath’s time to shine is happening now. This inexpensive, dainty, and lovely bloom is perfect for weddings and shows its style in many non-wedding floral arrangements, too. One of our favorites here at Cascade Floral Wholesale, read more to discover why this tiny bloom is becoming a big deal in modern floral arrangements.
Often used to fill in the gaps and create more volume in bouquets consisting of mostly larger blooms, Baby’s Breath became tired and overlooked because it was used so frequently in these limited capacities. Florists today, though, are using this very versatile flower in a whole new way creating amazing works of floral design by enhancing the cluster of tiny delicate blooms like we’ve never seen before.
What Is Baby’s Breath?
Baby’s Breath is a short-stemmed plant that has tiny clusters of white, or pale pink, blooms and is native to North America. It’s a member of the Gypsophila genus which has around 35 different plants. It grows in abundance making it quite affordable and also has a sweet, light fragrance.
What Is the Symbolism of Baby’s Breath?
Baby’s Breath has long been used as a symbol of purity, innocence, hope, and new beginnings. For these reasons, it has been traditionally used in wedding bouquets and baby showers. In many cultures, Baby’s Breath is given to new mothers for good luck, which is how this flower got its name. Baby’s Breath blooms have also been traditionally used to symbolize devotion to a relationship, whether it’s with your partner, family, or friends.
The symbolism of different-colored Baby’s Breath is white for spirituality, innocence, and purity; blue for honesty and respect, pink for gentleness and youth; orange for happiness and joy; red for love and romance; and purple for beauty and nobility.
New Ways Baby’s Breath Is Being Used
A staple in most bridal bouquets and other wedding florals, Baby’s Breath is being utilized in much more creative ways today and putting a spotlight on these refreshingly delicate, pure, sweet blooms. Here are a few design trends with Baby’s Breath we’re seeing now.
- Bunches of only Baby’s Breath placed in simple glass jars as table decor.
- A bundle of Baby’s Breath wrapped up for a charming and minimalist wedding bouquet.
- Sprinkled throughout the hair of brides, bridesmaids, and flower girls.
- Baby’s Breath blooms are perfect for adding to a boutonnière and a corsage.
- Tied to wedding chairs or placed in pots to line the wedding aisle.
- Suspended from the ceiling or woven into a flower arch.
- Baby’s Breath is perfect for adding charm and whimsy to a wedding cake.
- Baby’s Breath used in large quantities to decorate a long table or cascade down a staircase. The immense number of tiny blooms provides a shimmery and fluffy effect that is super cool.
- Arranged as a flower backdrop in a variety of colors to create a striking display.
Next time you are ready to create your own floral design, take another look at Baby’s Breath and let your imagination go wild – this is one versatile bloom up for the task!
For all your floral needs, contact Cascade Floral Wholesale for the best quality florals.